Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July


This 4th of July goes on my list as one of the best. I went camping with some friend outside of Leadville (elev. 10,200 ft.) the highest city in the United States. We did a little fishing, a lot of eating (great food, thanks to Laura and Bryan) the Friday. Saturday was beautiful, sunny, warm, and no better place to be. We did a little ride around Turquoise Lake (one of the hills about killed me, but the downhill made it worth it!). We drove the Independence Pass - it was beautiful. exactly what I imagine when I think of the Colorado Rockies- to Aspen. We did a little hike around the Maroon Bells- AM-A-ZING! In Aspen we ate a great BBQ dinner and watched fireworks. Great day!

Emerald Lake- where we did a little fishing, not catching.


Do I look like a natural?


We found a great "posing" tree. Laura and I work together at The Children's Hospital, people get us confused all the time- blonde- brunette, Sarah- Laura, it's tough.

This is where we started teh bike ride (I didn't get picture of the lake or the ride, I was cocentrating on breathing).

Maroon Bells near Aspen.



Half of our camping group.



Did I mention that the wildflowers were out as well? They were beatiful, I thought these were especially appropriate for the 4th of July- red, white, and blue.

5 comments:

Laura said...

That was so much fun! Let's go again! I love your posing pic-you're a natural :)

Heidi said...

Wow! Will you take us if we come visit?

Britt said...

I am so offended your favorite 4th wasn't with us last year: driving through the hood to see Johns Hopkins, watching small town fireworks in the rain...

Whitney said...

Hey, Sar. Looks amazing! I'm thinking about you and glad to see you're having some fun. We need to catch up soon!

Heather & James said...

Great Pics! Makes me want to go there! You always do the greatest get-aways. And its fun to see the friends that i always hear you talking about!