
It's been a busy month, my relaxing summer has turned into a crazy summer. I'm picking up a few more days at work, taking one online class, and filling in my free days with clinical day (work for free). I've been able to spend a lot of time with my family the last few weeks- 2 trips to SLC
with Drew and Britt visiting me in between. And Colorado has had plenty to enjoy, the summers remind me of Utah summers- late sunsets, warm weather, wanting ice cream every night!
Salt Lake Trip #1

I spent a week watching and playing with my nieces while my sister worked on their house and moved from Spokane.

This is little Luke, he's my little monkey. My first nephew, he's a husky little fella!

We had some great shakes from Iceberg and bedtime stories on the porch.

Wheeler Farm



The Zoo- this was my favorite drinking fountain when I was a kid. I think Hannah is a fan too!

And the Merry-go-round. My nieces and I have our favorite things to do when I come to town- we paint our toenails, go to the Hello Kitty Store, and ride the merry-go-round. It's nice that they are so easily entertained.

Lizzy, my youngest niece. She was not a fan of me when I fist got there, refused to look at me, and generally pretend that I didn't even exist. A few zerberts and lots of love and she warmed up to me, I think we are going to be great friends.

Salt Lake Trip #2

The whole family was in town last weekend, a feat that won't happen again for a few years I imagine. We took family pictures to commemorate the event- it was a perfect Utah summer day, complete with a little hike, BBQ, and game of street hockey.








Colorado

I am always surprised at how far away the mountains are from Denver, but they are beautiful once you get there. my brother and sister-in-law came to visit a few weekends ago- so we headed to the mountains.



we made a stop at Raising Canes Chicken in Ft. Collins- it's a Louisiana original.

River Rafting

I went river rafting with come friends a few weeks ago. It was just a short ride, the water was freezing, but the rapids were great!
Motab at Redrocks

I scored free tickets to Redrocks last night- it was awesome, as the Motab always is, the setting was am-az-ing, and the night was perfect.

Nebraska

Last, but not least, Nebraksa. I went to visit Heather and James in Lincoln, NE. over Memorial Day. It is a great town, I loved the neighborhood and large yards. We hit the farmers market where there were selling radishes (I hope they have more stuff later in the summer), found a
licorice store got some great samples, went on a bike ride, golfed, ate at
Runza, and had a great time playing with Heather!
2 comments:
Wow, you are busy. I loved seeing all the picts. Thanks again for all your help.
Sarah, Sarah!
What a F-U-N summer you are having. I am only sorry we didn't hook up when you were here in SLC. Next time? You know I'll be here. Cute nieces and nephews! Aren't they just fun?
:)
Post a Comment