
In the past I have not been a fan of winter; it's long, dark, and cold. It was wonderful when I lived in LA and it was sunny and 65 in the middle of January, but I live in Utah now and those days are long gone. As I don't have any plans in the near future to move any where warm, I thought I ought to do more than just endure winter, I choose to embrace it this year.

Embracing made all the difference. This was the first week that I was ready for spring to come. I actually got excited when I woke up to a foot of snow a few weeks ago, that has never happened before. It has helped that I've had the time to get out and play in it.

A friend and I found a great "learn to ski" deal at Alta, we took lessons or skied every week January through March. The best part, we never went on crowded weekends, we were able to ski while the sun was shining and everyone else was at work!


Sledding was great! I was able to make a few trips up the canyons with Heidi's family.

The kids have a great time, riding up and racing down. The last trip Luke was laying in his stomach, licking snow, singing songs.



When the kids do a little hiking, the promise of chocolate at the top keeps them going. They're like little birds being fed by papa bird "more chocolate, more chocolate."

Serious snowball fights ensue.


I was able to get out a few times and go snowshoeing. I love having the canyons and endless hiking trails so close to home. I learned that "cutting" the trail in fresh powder is what snowshoes are made for and that it's a major workout!




Winter was embraced...
And now back to reality and "being an adult" (as everyone has been so kind to remind me).
I found a full time job as a pediatric nurse practitioner at Primary Children's Hospital. While it is a position I'm excited about, I'm already missing my free days and flexible schedule.
2 comments:
Hey, you got the job? Congratulations! Too bad being gainfully employed really inhibits your ability to go out and have fun. Glad you've been living it up, though:-)
the snow looks so fun! we enjoyed it here as well, but am getting ready to get on with some activities that are more fun in the sunshine. biking anyone?! :)
congratulations on the job. those kids will be SO LUCKY to have you!
i need to call and catch up with you. miss you!
Post a Comment