One of the great things about being in school are the breaks.
I've been trying to take full advantage of them.
This winter I found a deal to Paris-Prague-Rome, so I went, with a friend, Richelle.
We packed our days with sight seeing (and eating in my part) and tried to stay warm.
It was cold- probably the reason it was such a great deal.
PARIS
The Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
The Christmas decorations were still up, luck us.
The bell tower was closed due to inclement weather, not so lucky us.
And when we got tired of art, we looked out the window and looked at the other side of the Louvre. I feel like we walked the whole thing, but I don't think we even made a dent in the the massiveness that is the Louvre.
Even McDonald's knows how to do it right in Paris.
This hot chocolate: Delicious.
(and yes, I did eat all that whhooop cream)
I discovered these jewel on my last visit to Paris and had to track them down again.
Macaroons. French style. Laudree's
And these little guys- more macaroons, of the free variety.
After my delicious McHot-chocolate, we were walking out and the nice server asked if I wanted to take some macaroons, for free. yes please.
Not as good as Laudree's, but they were free.
Even McDonald's has macaroons. So fancy.
We were welcomed to Prague by a foot of freshly fallen snow.
It did not deter us, we walked the streets with frozen smiles.
Prague is such a pretty city.
I would love to got back and visit sometime when my feet don't feel like ice blocks.
There is so much more I want to explore
The Pantheon.
I was in Italy a few years ago with some friends.
We somehow missed this, it was always just around the corner,
but we could never seem to find it.
It was amazing.
The Colosseum
Another great trip, and ready for the next!
6 comments:
look at you...always having some sort of adventure. fun, fun stuff!
how are you? miss you!!!
I'm so jealous- I love Paris! It looks cold, though. :) What a fun trip. Don't you just love Rome? I hope you ate some gelato!!
I am incredibly jealous. Just know that.
Even after two visits Drew still wants to go back to Paris. I am jealous about Prague. We'll have to talk about it later.
I love Paris...want to love Prague if I could only get there. Had mixed feelings about Rome, but liked the sights. Sounds like a great trip.
Found your blog off of Betsy's and knew it would have all sorts of adventures on it. Those are three of my favorite cities in Europe, minus a few. Looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment